" "
It's a small attempt to post the recipes learnt and tested in my kitchen.
Hope u enjoy your stay.




Monday, February 23, 2009

Dondakaya/Tindora/Ivy Gourd stuffed fry

Ingredients:-

Dondakaya /Tindora/Ivy Gourd 8 nos

For stuffing:-

Besan/Senagapindi 5-6 tbsp

Red chilly powder 1 tsp

Coriander powder 1 tsp

Salt as per taste

Olive oil 5-6 tbs

Method:-

  1. Boil Tindora with enough water and little salt for 5-8mins or until soft.
  2. Put through sieve and make a cut lengthwise leaving the edges.
  3. Mix all the ingredients for stuffing.
  4. Stuff the mixture of besan in the tindora and shallow fry on a tawa until golden colour.

The above stuffing can be used to stuff brinjals and small capsicum.My mom does that.Recently I watched a show where the chef stuffed it in ivy gourd.I thought out giving it a try and lol they came out very well.


12 comments:

  1. Wow spicy and yummy. Will try this version....Bookmarked...

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Kitchen flavours thanks for the quick comment

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not a tindora fan but the filling certainly is my fave. I add amchoor too but I am sure two or three from that plate will definitely be a great appetizer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks awesome.. Stuffing tindora is new to me.. Will give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Kitchen flavours adding amchoor is a great idea,will do it next time
    @Anusriram Thanks anu do try it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that's the way to serve veggies, stuffed and fried... Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. First time i m hearing abt stuffed tindora, great entry!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stuffed tindora...looks grate...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Dondakai fry looks great..Never tried stuffing..Looks so delicious..

    ReplyDelete
  10. @thanx paru and welcome here.

    ReplyDelete

Pls post your comments and your feed back will help me to try out new recipes and post it here in my blog