" "
It's a small attempt to post the recipes learnt and tested in my kitchen.
Hope u enjoy your stay.




Saturday, February 21, 2009

Hyderabadi Bagara Rice


Ingredients:-

Basmati rice 250gms
Cinnamon 2 small
Cloves 3
Bay leaves 2
Shahi jeera 1 tbsp
Onion 1 big
Green chillies 2Curry leaves few
Pudina leaves few
Ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp
Oil 3 tbsp
Salt as per taste


Method:-
  1. Soak rice for 30 min.
  2. Heat oil,add all the whole masala and curry leaves.
  3. Saute for a minute and add onions and green chillies
  4. Add mint and ginger garlic paste and saute till the ginger garlic leaves its raw smell.
  5. Take rice in a bowl add the above mixure and salt.Mix well and add water.For 1 cup rice add 1 1/2 cup water
  6. Microwave high for 15mins.
It is mild flavoured rice and goes with any curry.This is my mom's recipe and i twisted it and did it in the microwave.Add served it with chicken curry.

27 comments:

  1. This is my all time favourite combo. Makes me hungry....Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks kitchen flavours for the quick comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Varunavi. I guess with such good recipes that you dole out, one needs to look out for a weight management programme

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowow quite a simple dish, looks awesome:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Priya thanks
    @nsiyer i use only cannola and olive oil for cooking which is low in fat content

    ReplyDelete
  6. simple and yummy rice. :))

    Siri

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the rice and chicken curry .great combo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome to n33ma and thanks for commenting and do visit again

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Varunavi,
    Just cooked Bagara rice in your style, came out well, thanks for sharing the recipe...:)
    Deepa

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Deepa thanx a lot for trying the recipe and also thanx for taking time to let me know that it came out well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Varunavi!!!
    Just wanted to let u know that I am making Bagara rice again :)
    Thanks again :)
    Deepa

    ReplyDelete
  12. Once again the Bagara rice came out damn well :) My guests loved it, thanks!!! Will try the other recipes soon...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks deepa for trying it out and a special thanks for taking time out to letting me knew that ur guest loved it.Hugs dear and wish u try more recipes.Huggsss...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tasty Recipe. More tasty food recipes http://www.vijinewrecipes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like this recipe site. More tasty food recipes log on: http://www.freefoodrecipe.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! I will try this bagara rice soon..... Thanks for wonderful recipe..:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. How much ginger garlic paste ??
    Missing in ingredients list.
    Thanks
    ~A

    ReplyDelete
  18. @A 1 tbsp of ginger garlic paste

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi How much water do I put for 3 kgs rice

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi How much water do I put for 3 kgs rice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  21. How much water do I put for 3 kgs rice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I measure rice in a glass. One glass of rice is 1 1/2 glass water.

      Delete

Pls post your comments and your feed back will help me to try out new recipes and post it here in my blog