" "
It's a small attempt to post the recipes learnt and tested in my kitchen.
Hope u enjoy your stay.




Monday, February 16, 2009

Minapappu pachadi (Udad Dal Chuntey)

Ingredients:-
  • Udad dal 1 cup
  • Red chillies 4-5
  • Tamarind little
  • Coconut (fresh) 1/4 cup
  • Salt as per taste
  • Oil 1tbsp

Method:-

  1. Fry red chillies and udat separately with little oil.
  2. Let it cool.
  3. Grind coconut,tamarind,udat dal and red chillies along with salt.But dont grind it to paste.It taste better if half grinded

I make dosa and idly four times a week.So i keep on changing the chutneys.This chutney goes well with both dosa and idly.But for idly i prefer making palli chutney(Groundnut chutney).I will be positing that shortly

8 comments:

  1. Never heard this before. Looks yummy and spicy. Bookmarked...

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Kitchen flavours do try it,it is very tasty

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a new type of chutney,but it do sounds flavorful.Thnks for sharing with us !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I generally make my mint chutney mixed up with these ingredients:) Tasty thogayal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not sure what you mean by Udad dal. Is it black Urad dal?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Sangeetha black urad dal is the whole urad dal,here i used split urad dal,check this link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:White_lentil.jpg

    ReplyDelete

Pls post your comments and your feed back will help me to try out new recipes and post it here in my blog