" "
It's a small attempt to post the recipes learnt and tested in my kitchen.
Hope u enjoy your stay.




Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Murmura Laddu/ Rice Puff Balls




Photobucket

Ingredients:-

Puffed rice 500gms
Jaggery 1 cup
Elachi 2
Water 1/2 cup

Photobucket

Method:-

Take a heavy bottom vessel add water and jaggery.Let the jaggery melts for 5-10minutes.
Cook on a medium heat until syrup begins to concentrate.Take a small plate with water,add the jaggery syrup,if you can make a ball of it then the syrup is ready.
Add murmura and constantly stir it.Now add elachi powder.Within 2-3 minutes murmura and jaggery gets mixed up.
Wait for 5 minutes,wet your hands with little water and make round balls.

Photobucket

These are very easy to make and even kids can do it.The above laddus are done my daughter.
The laddu is going to participate in the cooking for the kids--evening snacks by divya of divya-dilse

25 comments:

  1. wow.. nice balls.. looks really nice & crispy..

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are my favourite........they look extremely gorgeous....i love the new makeover to u r blog...looks rocking.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remeber having them in my childhood Varunavi..that made me nostalgic..yummy yum..!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! looks so good dear! great job

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, i love this but its little tricky for me. Each time i try this neither the rice puffs gets soggy nor too sticky. But yours is crispy and munchy. Great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow uuummmm mouth wateringnice round shape u got yummmmmmmmmmmy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks awesome! My favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  8. One of my fav... looks great..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet&crispy balls...!Luv them....must try

    ReplyDelete
  10. its my fav too......turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your daughter indeed have made them very nice. Looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i remember eating these goodies in india in my homwtown while growing up..yours looks same as we use to get from the store..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanx srikar,lubna,ann,Shama,Shailaja, Kittymatti,Mytheri and rekha

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanx pooja,padma,sanghi,n33ma,A2Z and preety

    ReplyDelete
  15. yummy laddus! looks so tempting :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just love this Saritha, one of my weakness!

    ReplyDelete
  17. first time to this lovely blog......Laduus look crunchy and kurkure.....

    Lets celebrate Janmashtami and Ganesh Chaturthi by participating in Festive food Events....For more details kindly follow the below mentioned link

    http://purvasdaawat.blogspot.com/2009/08/announcing-krishna-and-ganesh-chaturthi.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. Öne of my fav, we usually make this during makarsankranti :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanx uma,priya and ramya

    Welcome here parita and purva

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this. Turned so perfect. Looks yummy and tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I absolutely adore these..I remember going to the street corner store and buying themfor a few pennies!These came out so perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Pls post your comments and your feed back will help me to try out new recipes and post it here in my blog