" "
It's a small attempt to post the recipes learnt and tested in my kitchen.
Hope u enjoy your stay.




Thursday, May 06, 2010

Sesame Rice


Ingredients:-

Rice (cooked)
Green chillis 2
Mustard seeds 1/2 tsp
Channa dal 1/2 tsp
Dry red chillies 2-3
Coriander seeds 1 tbsp
Sesame seeds 1/4 cup (dry roast the seeds in a pan for a few minutes on medium heat tossing them around and make a coarse powder)
Oil 3 tbsp
salt to taste

Method:-

Dry roast coriander and red chillies and make powder.


Heat oil,add mustard,channa dal and curry leaves.Fry channa dal till light brown in colour.
Add coriander and red chilly powder,saute for a minute.Then add sesame seed powder.
Saute for another minute.Then lastly add cooked rice and combine well.
Serve hot with any side dish of your choice or just with a papad.

14 comments:

  1. My favourite, i can have this sesame rice everyday,love it that much..Excellent dish..

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is lunch tile here and i am really hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aromatic rice.. looks inviting dear.. lovely click!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simple yet very tasty rice preparation.

    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Sesame rice looks yummy dear

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is my favorite rice! I'd really love to have it with papads!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this when they give as prasad in temples. I have never made it at home.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow! Nice blog! i stay in dubai too. Do visit my blog if u get a chance, well! It has nothing to do with cooking though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is my favorite rice when there is nothing else I like. I always have sesaame powder ready at home.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Simple and delicious.
    Thankyou for dropping by simply.food.Your visits and comments are very much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i never made this version..looks so simple will try

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this rice. Long time since I made. Yours look so tempting Saritha. Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for share this Yummy Sesame rice Ingredients

    ReplyDelete

Pls post your comments and your feed back will help me to try out new recipes and post it here in my blog