Sunday, February 27, 2011
Thursday, February 24, 2011
Tuesday, February 22, 2011
Saturday, February 19, 2011
Tuesday, February 15, 2011
Sunday, February 13, 2011
Saturday, February 12, 2011
- Make soft dough with wheat flour,oats and salt.
- Mix grated cauliflower,spring onions,green chillies,salt and amchur powder
- Roll out a thick roti.Place 2tbsp of the stuffing and close the edges.
- Flatten it and dust it with more flour and roll out until the stuffing is not seen.
- Fry both sides with oil.Serve hot with curd and chat masala
Thursday, February 10, 2011
Tuesday, February 08, 2011
Wheat Rava 1 cup
Water 3-3 1/2 cups
Tomatoes 1 chopped
Onions 1 chopped
Green chillies 2 choppedGinger 1'' pc finely chopped
Garam masala powder 1 tsp
Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
Red chilly powder 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil 3 tbspMustard/Rai 1/2 tsp
Udat dal 1/4 tsp
Channa dal 1/2 tsp
Cloves 1Cinnamon small pc
Curry leaves few
How to make goduma rava/wheat rava masala upma
In a skillet take oil and add all the seasonings .When they splutter add onion and green chillies.
Saute till onion are fried.Then add ginger pcs.
Saute for another 2 minutes.
Now add tomatoes.
Cook till tomatoes are mashed and fried well.
Then add garam masala and red chilly powder.Saute for another 2 minutes.
Add rava.Saute till rava changes colour.
Then add water slowly,continously stirring with one hand,this avoids formation of lumps.
Cover and cook for 1-2 minutes.
Serve hot with any pickle of your choice.
Sunday, February 06, 2011
Ingredients:-Rice 500 gms
Carrot chopped 1 cup
Beans chopped 1 cup
Schewan sauce 1 tbsp
Black pepper 1/4 tbsp
Ginger chopped 1/2 tbsp
Garlic chopped 1/2 tbsp
Soya sauce 1 tbsp
Oil 3 tbsp
Salt as per tasteSchezwan Sauce:-
Dry red chillies 10
Vinegar (white) 3 tbsp
Oil 1 tbsp
- Cook rice with 1tbsp of oil.
- Heat oil in a pan add ginger and garlic pieces.
- Add vegetables and stir fry for 2-3 min on high until veggies are cooked.
- Now add schewan sauce,soya sauce and ajinimoto.Cook for 2 min, add salt.
- Then add rice and mix thoroughly,sprinkle pepper powder.
6. Serve hot with tomato sauce
Thursday, February 03, 2011
What are required
Cauliflower 4-5 florets
Potatoes 4 medium-sized
Green peas 1/2 cup
French beans 5-6
Any other veggies of your choice
Green chutney 2 tbsp
Oats 1/2 cup
Salt as per taste
Oil 3 tbsp
For green chutney
Mint leaves 2 cups
Coriander leaves 1 cup
Amchur powder 2 tbsp
Green chillies 3-4
Cumin seeds roasted 1 tbsp
Grind all the above ingredients for green chutney.Green chutney can be stored for long in fridge
Now how to do the tikkis/cutlets
Boil all the veggies and drain water.
Dry roast oats and cool it.
Mix all the veggies,oats,green chutney and salt.
Heat the grill and brush it with oil.Make small patties and place them on the grill.
My grill is powered by electricity so the tikkis were done quite quickly.So the grilling time depends on the type of grill used.Once they are browned on both sides,sprinkle chat masala and serve hot.
This can be served with green chutney mixed with curd.
Tuesday, February 01, 2011
Ingredients:-Cauliflower florets 2 cupsOnions 1 chopped and 1 chopped and grind into smooth pasteGinger garlic paste 1 tbspTurmeric powder 1/2tspRed chilly powder 2tspCoriander powder 2 tspPepper 7-8nosGreen cardamom 2Black cardamom 1Cinnamon 1/2' pcCloves 2Mace 1 small pcTomato puree 1/2 cupSalt as per tasteOil 2tbspGreen chillies 2Oil for deep frying florets
1.Heat oil in a kadhai and deep fry cauliflower florets till golden brown. Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.2. Mix onion paste with ginger-garlic paste, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and coriander powder. Keep aside.
3. Heat oil in a frying pan and saute chopped onion with whole spices till onion is golden and spices release flavour. Cool and grind to a paste. Keep aside.
4. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a frying pan and saute the onion-ginger-garlic paste. Mix in tomato puree.
5. Mix in onion-spice paste, add cauliflower and water and cook till cauliflower absorbs the flavour and gravy thickens. Heat oil in a tadka spoon and fry the green chilli whole.
6. To serve, arrange florets in a plate and pour gravy around them and place fried green chilli on top.