" "
It's a small attempt to post the recipes learnt and tested in my kitchen.
Hope u enjoy your stay.




Friday, May 11, 2012

Chinta Chiguru Pappu (Tender tamarind leaves and dal

Simple and comfort food.As i mentioned before that chinta chiguru (tender tamarind leaves) i got it from weekly market and i made this dal.Here goes the recipe:-

Ingredients:-

Tur dal 1 cup
Onions 1
Green chillies 4
Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
Oil 1 tbsp

Pressure cook all the above and keep aside until use.

Chinta chiguru 1 cup
Onions 1

For seasoning

Rai 1/4tsp
Zeera  1/4tsp
Hing a pinch
Red chillies 2
Curry leaves few
Garlic 1 crushed
Oil 2 tbsp



Take oil in a pan.Add all the seasoning and once they are fried add onions and saute till onion change colour.Then add chinta chiguru leaves.Add salt and cover the pan for 5-6 minutes.

Add cooked and mashed dal to the leaves.Mix well.If the dal is watery cook for few more minutes until the reduced thickness is achieved.

Serve hot with rice and a side dish.

6 comments:

  1. yum, just the mention of chinta chiguru is making me salivate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.. tamarind leaves... forgotten ingredient... I love that..
    Serve It - Preserved

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting that you are using tamarind leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chinta chiguru?? Can you please tell me what is it called other language, I am not able to recognise it. Looks like a wonderful dal and rice combo.

    Thanks
    I blog @ www.manidipa-kitchen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what it is called in other languages but it is just a tender leaves of tamarind tree.

      Delete

Pls post your comments and your feed back will help me to try out new recipes and post it here in my blog