" "
It's a small attempt to post the recipes learnt and tested in my kitchen.
Hope u enjoy your stay.




Thursday, January 02, 2014

Banana and pecan muffin

Happy new year to all my friends and to my readers, may this year brings you all lots of joy and happiness.

This year i am starting with a dessert, i don't think actually this is a dessert and it is not that sweet and my kids munch it as a any time snack. The recipe i am posting is a muffin. I am not sure whether this is correct or not, my 9 year old daughter told me the difference between a muffin and cup cake. According to her a muffin is without icing where as cup cake is with icing. I am not that good at icing and planning to go for a baking classes to learn about icing and frosting the cake. Now coming to the recipe this muffin is not that sweet,it has flavors of banana, lemon rind and vanilla essence. Here is the recipe:-

Ingredients:-

Ripe Banana 4
Plain flour 1 1/2 cup
Butter 1/3 cup
Sugar 1/2 cup
Egg 1
Vanilla essence 1/4 tsp
Lemon rind 1 tsp
Salt 1/4 tsp
Baking powder 1/2 tsp
Baking soda (soda bicarbonate) 1/2 tspPecan pieces 5 tbsp
Walnut pieces 4 tbsp

Method:-

Mash banana. Add egg,vanilla and sugar.Add vanilla essence and lemon rind. Beat until soft and creamy.Mix dry ingredients baking soda,baking powder,salt and plain flour.

Mix dry ingredients and banana mix. Add pecan and walnut pieces and mix well.

Pour the batter in the 16 muffin cups.

Bake for 15-20 minutes in 180 degrees or until risen. Let it cool.

Enjoy as morning breakfast with chai or eat as snack or pack it for kid's school tiffin.


1 comment:

Pls post your comments and your feed back will help me to try out new recipes and post it here in my blog