" "
It's a small attempt to post the recipes learnt and tested in my kitchen.
Hope u enjoy your stay.




Saturday, March 21, 2015

Velluli murukku / Garlic Murukku

We have a store near my house where we used to buy different varieties of murukku and one of them was velluli murukku. Basically that store was run by a tamil family and after the store came into our locality people stopped making murukku or pindi vantalu at home.I remember for 250 gms its was 10 rupees, not sure how much it is now...it's been almost 3 years i had anything from that store.

Of all the murukkus i used to love this murukku and mom used to buy that for me. I took this recipe from my favourite book Kanta mani Vantalu. My kids too love to eat murukku. As now i am at home with kids as they are having Spring break i had some time today, so made these. These will last  for few days not to worry about what snacks to pack for school next week. Here is the recipe:-

Ingredients:-

Besan/Sangapindi 2 cups
Rice flour/Biyam pindi 1 cup
Seasame seeds 1 tbsp
Cummin powder 1 tsp
Hing a pinch
Ghee 4 tbsp
Oil for deep frying
Salt to taste

Garlic 3
Red chilly whole 4
Little water

Grind garlic and red chilly with water. Just make a coarse paste.


Method:-


Mix all the dry ingredients.

Add ghee, garlic and red chilly paste.

Add enough warm water and make a hard dough.

I used 3 eyed holes in the murukku maker.

Grease the murukku maker and fill it with the dough.

Heat oil. Press small batches on a plate like the below pic and slowly leave them in the hot oil.


Fry until the bubbles subsides and take them out on a tissue.

Once cool store them in a air tight container.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Pls post your comments and your feed back will help me to try out new recipes and post it here in my blog